Σάββατο 9 Ιουλίου 2016

CV of Afghan former exterior designer, now cook for refugees, with love for Isa

"M" was born in Afghanistan, but grew up in Iran. 
Worked as an exterior designer, working with stone, decorating buildings, 
doing electric welding and also worked as a auto mechanic
for several years for Japanese cars.
Also he learned calligraphy.
Today he is an recognized refugee working in Greece with refugees.


How long are you in Greece?
I am in Athens from 2014.
...the smugglers took all our money.
Describe your trip to Greece from Iran.
It took me, my and wife and daughter, 10 days to reach Turkey.
There we stayed for 9 months, 40 days in a camp, because the smugglers took all our money.
In Turkey our son was born.
From Turkey we came to Chios (island of Greece), where we stayed for 30 days.
Arriving in Athens we rented a room from someone for 300euro/month.

What was the reason you left Iran?
First we escaped from Afghanistan when I was a boy.
My father was in the Government army and the Taliban wanted to kill him.
Secondly, we left Iran because Immigrants like us Afghans, do not have legal rights.
They can use us for cheap working hands, treating us as slaves.

Immigrants do not have legal rights to work in Iran?
Iran has a lot of working opportunities. But not for me as an Afghan.
I had in Iran an Iranian friend. He allowed me to use his diploma
to make a contract with a big instruction company.
I had a lot of personnel at this time. The company however did not pay me.
So I began selling my golden jewelries
(you must know that we Persians had a lot of gold jewelries),
my car, so that I can pay the workers.
When I went to the workers association in Iran to ask for legal help, they looked at my papers, saw that I was Afghan and told me to leave. Afghans can not do contracts with companies...

(Afghans and immigrants, do not have equal rights in Iran, like the Iranian)

You became father lately.
Yes we have now our 3rd child.
This child will be the first of us, who will have a real legal documented status!
(In the Public Hospital of Athens, meeting "M" with his family)

The first thing I want to do then I get back to work, is to find someone who can learn me Greek!

What are the basic problems you face in Greece?
The language. I am learning here English, because I work with English speakers and native speakers.
When we delivered our child, in the hospital I recognized, that without the assistance,
it took me much more time to understand and do all the legal documentations for our newborn child.
The first thing I want to do then I get back to work, is to find someone who can learn me Greek!
(Without knowing the Greek language "M" 
and other refugees faces problems in everyday life in Greece)

Now, I face a problem, concerning legal issues, due to my papers, where I am assisted from the helping organization I work with.

How did you learn about the helping Organization?
I heard from different people that there is a place in the 7th floor that cooks Persian food.
(View from "M" working facility with the helping organization)
So I came once and since then, I have become a coworker of the program.

My work is basically cooking. But I love sharing the Gospel, how Isa (Jesus) changed my life. 

What exactly do you do as a work?
My work is basically cooking. But I love sharing the Gospel, how Isa (Jesus) changed my life.
This happened in this place, on the 7th floor, after having many conversations with the Afghan and Iranian Christians, who are coming there to find a place to talk, make a shower, make their laundries and of course eat!

NOTE: If you want to support "M", contact the blogs email.

N.S. 9/7/2016

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου