Τρίτη 14 Ιουνίου 2016

CV of an Iranian Industrial welder looking for work in Greece

"S" was born in Iran, is Kurdish, married and has a daughter.
He was working as an experienced shipyard welder in the Port Bandar Abbas, Iran, for many years.
http://www.worldportsource.com/images/thumbnails/IRN/3514.png
(Port of Bandar Abbas, Iran)

He is living, on his own, the last months in Athens.
He has all legal documents to start working in Greece, even if he was informed that
it is difficult in these days even for classified Greek workers to find work in the shipping industry. However he does not quit believing that someone will give him the chance to work.

Why did you decided to come to Greece on your own?
I faced political problems, because I am Kurdish and member of the Kurdish Freedom Party in Iran. My family is now watched closely from the Intelligent Services of Iran wanting to know where I am, considering me as a enemy of the Government.

 (The certificate of being a member of the Kurdish Freedom Party of Iran)

When did you come to Greece?
I came from Iran, within a couple of days to the coast of Turkey and from there illegally to Chios island. I am now here in Athens some months.

(The Greek island of Chios on the Greek map. On the right is the coast of Turkey)

How long did it take you to obtain legal documents?
At the very first moment I applied for asylum on the Greek island of Chios and I was given my "white paper" (the application form given until refugees get their final legal papaers after the Interview, which is a white color paper) awaiting for my official interview.
Afterwards an NGO helped me to get a Tax Number, Insurance Number in order to work.

(the "white paper" as a sample, given to the refugees seeking for asylum in Greece)

Where are you living now?
I am living at the Elliniko Camp (the former Airport of Athens facilities), in the former waiting area of the airport, inside of tents with up to 6-8 persons.
The conditions are bad. Because I am a Christian, other refugees, Moslem, threatened to kill me and also hit me. Being a Christian in Iran means going against the Political and Religious authorities.
They do not like Christians.
I informed the Police and the NGOs, but they told me they can not do anything. At night the Police and all the NGOs are leaving and it is very dangerous.

What do you want most?
Only to have my peace, find a job and to be with my family.

("S" real name is kept confidential)

N.S. 14/06/2016



Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου